The Dropbox Plug-in allows you to export photos from Adobe Lightroom directly to your Dropbox account.
- Supports Export operations
- Supports Publish operations in Lightroom 3 and 4
- Photo and Video uploads
- Import existing folder structure from Dropbox into your Lightroom catalog
- Provides automatic pairing of online photos with photos in your catalog
- Generate shared links for your albums without leaving Lightroom
- Lightroom 2 (2.4 - 2.7): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 3 (3.3 - 3.6): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 4 (4.0 - 4.4): Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
The plug-in uses the Photos folder to create albums and uploads photos. If for any reason you don't have it in your account, make a new folder in the topmost level of your Dropbox folder and name it Photos.
Licensing and Registration
This plug-in is released as Shareware (no source code provided). The registration fee is $15 (USD) per single user. The license allows you to install the plugin on two computers, for example a desktop and a laptop computer, owned and operated by a single user.
Starting with Lightroom 5, you would need to purchase a new registration code for each major Lightroom version. This does not impact dot (minor) releases, e.g. Lr 4.1 to Lr 4.2.
Demo Version Restrictions
You may use the unregistered (free) version at no charge for a limited time (10 days), after which you have to register the plugin in order to continue using it. Otherwise, the demo version is a full-featured product and has no other restrictions.
Support the Development
There are many ways you can support further development of this plug-in:
Your participation is always appreciated!
Feb 6, 2013
- Publish Service: now "Check Photos" clears Dropbox Metadata fields if photos are no longer published through the Dropbox publishing service.
- Publish Service: the "Associate Images" dialog has been redesigned to reduce the size of the dialog window.
- Publish Service: fixed the issue with renaming unpublished albums.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Dec 17, 2012
- Added support for the TIFF format.
- Added the option to manage all Dropbox folders as photo and video albums.
- Publish Service - All "extras" functions such as Import Albums, Associate Images, Check Photos, etc. are now available right from the Publish Service Settings panel within Lightroom Publishing Manager.
- Extras - Associate Photos: The photo matching algorithm has been significantly improved to provide a faster and more accurate matching, particularly when file names contain spaces and other non-alphanumeric characters.
- Extras - Associate Photos: Added a new method of resolving conflicts - now you can prioritize pairing of rendered copies (JPEG and TIFF) over raw originals.
- Extras - Associate Photos: Added a new matching method "by File Number Suffix" which compares only numeric image suffixes when searching for candidates.
- Fixed the issues with deleting published collection when the corresponding online folder is already removed.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Nov 11, 2012
- Added support for video uploads.
- Improved the display of photo rendering and uploading phases on Lightroom's progress indicator.
- Export Dialog: fixed the issue with renaming albums.
- Windows OS: Fixed the issue with installing the plugin when the username contains accented characters.
- Windows OS: Fixed the issue with installing the plugin under a non-admin user account.
Sep 27, 2012
- Added a safeguard against the situation when the Photos folder is missing.
- Improved the validation of album names for leading or trailing spaces.
- A number of minor fixes and improvements.
Jul 18, 2012
- Improved the handling of server errors when you attempt to create an album with a duplicate name.
- Publish Service: Fixed the issue with moving albums between album sets.
Jul 6, 2012
Jul 3, 2012
This is the first official (non-beta) release of the plugin.
- Extras: Added the ability to "Associate Images" in selected albums only (as opposed to all albums).
- Minor text revisions.
- Fixed a few compatibility issues with Lightroom 2.
Jun 24, 2012
- Fixed the error when attempting to create a new album and there are no photo albums in the account.
- Fixed the error with renaming published collections.
- Improved handling of deleted albums.
Jun 17, 2012
- Authentication: The "Token is not an authorized request token" error when the user attempts to proceed before completing the authorization process at Dropbox is replaced with a more meaningful message.
- Implemented validation of album names based on Dropbox recommendations.
Jun 10, 2012
- Export Dialog: Fixed the "attempt to yield across metamethod/C-call boundary" error in some situations.
- Export Dialog: Fixed related error "We can only wait from within a task" in some situations.
Jun 9, 2012
- Publish: Photo URLs for "Go to Photo in Dropbox" are now generated correctly.
- Export and Publish: Added the ability to create album links for sharing.
- Publish: Added the ability to create photo links for sharing and direct access via "Go to Photo in Dropbox".
- Export Dialog: Improved the UI for creating nested albums.
- Improved performance and eliminated unnecessary server operations.
May 29, 2012
- Fixed the issue with using Unicode and control characters in album names.
- Export Dialog: fixed the error when switching export destinations using the "Export To" drop-down list.
May 21, 2012
This is the first public release of the plug-in.