It has been almost a year since the last update, and finally the wait is over! I am happy to announce that AdoramaPix Plugin Version 2.0.0 is available for download - now with support for Lightroom Publish Services, better performance, and lots of functional and usability related improvements.
- Added the option to handle collisions between duplicate photo uploads. Now you can choose how duplicate uploads should be handled - whether the new upload should overwrite the existing duplicate, create a new copy, or simply be skipped during the upload.
- Added the option to turn off the automatic validation of Image Sizing settings. This option helps you avoid situations where uploaded images turn out too small or too large due to incorrectly specified or accidentally reset image sizing settings.
- Added metadata fields for keeping track of photos that were uploaded via the plug-in (you can find them on the Metadata panel as AdoramaPix Metadata). These metdata fields can be used to quickly identify photos that were previously uploaded to AdoramaPix or as filters to populate smart collections.
- Improved the internal diagnostic of Internet connection related issues. This features helps you identify connectivity issues caused by firewalls, proxy serves, various internet security applications blocking Internet access, etc.
- Added support for Publish Services in Lightroom 3 and 4. Now you can manage your AdoramaPix albums as published collections to simplify the synchronization of photo modifications between Lightroom and the online lab.
- Implemented the ability to import the album structure from AdoramaPix into Lightroom's publish service. With just a couple of clicks you can populate your publish service with collections that represent your existing online albums.
- Implemented the ability to associate online photos with photos in your catalog. This takes the "Import Album Structure" feature one step further - you can populate publish collections with photos that were previously uploaded to AdoramaPix (even from other sources or outside of Lightroom) as long as those photos exist in your Lightroom catalog.
- Added the ability to customize album cover photo. This is just kind of a bells-and-whistles feature - it allows you to select any photo within a published collection and make it the album cover for the current album.
Starting with version 2.0, the plug-in requires a registration fee of $15 to help offset the cost of ongoing development, support, and hosting expences.
For a detailed list of changes, see the AdoramaPix Plug-in home page.