This Lightroom plug-in creates a post-processing action, which generates a comprehensive list of all exported photos in various formats (plain text, CVS, HTML). The generated file can be opened in the default application, Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook, or in Mozilla Thunderbird as a file attachment.
Plain Text Output
Thumbnails may display incorrectly in Internet Explorer version 8 or earlier. Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, Safari and Chrome render embedded images correctly.
XML Output to Microsoft Excel
- Lightroom 2 (2.4 - 2.7): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 3 (3.0 - 3.6): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 4 (4.0 - 4.4): Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
This plug-in is released as Shareware (no source code provided). The registration fee is $10 (USD). The license allows you to install the plugin on two computers, for example a desktop and a laptop computer, owned and operated by a single user.
Starting with Lightroom 5, you would need to purchase a new registration code for each major Lightroom version. This does not impact dot (minor) releases, e.g. Lr 4.1 to Lr 4.2.
Demo Version Restrictions
The unregistered version has no functionality restrictions. You may use the unregistered version at no charge for 30 days. After the trial period you will be required to purchase your personal registration code to continue using the plugin.
Support the Development
There are many ways you can support further development of this plug-in:
Your participation is greatly appreciated!
Apr 6, 2013
- Improved error handling - fixed the issue with some error messages appearing twice.
- The plugin no longer throws a "Permission Error" message when the previously generated output file is still open.
- Improved handling of empty metadata fields in output templates.
Feb 12, 2013
- Fixed the issue with using the "XML Worksheet" output option.
Nov 23, 2012
- Fixed the issue with generating thumbnail images for HTML output.
Nov 18, 2012
- Fixed the "We can only wait from within a task" error when accessing the Extras dialog (Library > Plug-in Extras).
- Fixed issues with templates using the "grouping by keyword" feature.
- Fixed the issue with grouping in some cases.
- Output templates are now grouped into two folders - one for export operations and another for selection based operations.
- Inventory Selected Photos: Added lots of output templates.
- Inventory Selected Photos: Eliminated the unnecessary dialog.
- Inventory Selected Photos: Improved the layout and functionality.
- Windows OS: Fixed the issue with installing the plugin when the username contains accented characters.
- Windows OS: Fixed the issue with installing the plugin under a non-admin user account.
Sep 20, 2012
- Fixed: creating thumbnails for HTML output sometimes fails.
- Fixed: generating output files sometimes would fail due to an undefin
- Fixed: TIFF compression method does not appear in the output.
- Export Dialog: "Export with Previous" now works correctly.
- Export Dialog: The Output Format option now has a default value.
NOTE: Please note, the extension name of the plugin's folder has been changed from .lrdevplugin to .lrplugin. If you are updating an older version of the plug-in you have two options:
- Remove the ExportList.lrdevplugin folder, then install the update using the new installation packages.
- Apply the auto-update. When you restart Lightroom you will be reminded to remove the .lrdevplugin folder and add the new .lrplugin folder (created by the auto-updater next to the old folder) using Lightroom Plugin Manager.
I apologize for the hassle, but this is necessary to keep things consistent and in line with Adobe's recommendations.
Jun 10, 2012
- Extras Dialog: "Save output file to" option now points to "Documents" by default.
- Extras Dialog: The "Generate output text in-place" option is now disabled when the number of photos in selection exceed 200. At this volume the output needs to be set to an external application or saved to a disk file.
- Extras Dialog: Implemented a progress indicator to provode a feedback on generating the output file.
May 13, 2012
- Fixed the "attempt to call global 'expand' (a nil value)" error.
- The plug-in is now compatible with Lightroom 4.
Mar 4, 2012
- Added the ability to generate lists of selected photos, without performing an export.
- Added the ability to create custom templates in a separate folder, so they wouldn't be destroyed when installing plug-in updates.
- Added XML Spreadsheet template (MS Excel 2003 and above) supporting Unicode characters.
- Added the ability to embed photo thumbnails into generated HTML documents. All HTML templates have been expanded to include photo thumbnails.
- Fixed the "attempt to index field 'outputMethods'" error when using the "Export with Previous" action.
- Fixed a formatting issue in the 'Plain Text' template.
Note: Version 2.1 has been skipped.
Sep 10, 2011
Plug-in has been re-released as Shareware.
Changes and Fixes:
- Added support for grouping of output list by keywords or other metadata fields of exported photos
- Added new text and HTML templates for listing photos grouped by keywords
- Drop-down menu items are now sorted alphabetically
- Now the plug-in can automatically update itself
Apr 9, 2011
- Fixed the "Selected options are incomplete" error when exporting photos using presets
- Added a new placeholder for the exported file name
- Added placeholders for File Settings, Image Sizing, and Sharpening Settings summaries
- The output file now can be saved to a folder of your choice
- Added the ability to submit the debug log directly from the plug-in
Sep 26, 2010
- Added support for new metadata fields introduced in Lightroom 3.
- On Mac OS, Apple Mail now can be used to compose e-mail with the export list attached.
- Added the ability to submit the debug log directly from the plug-in.
Mar 14, 2010
- Now the plug-in generates output even if the template contains misspelled metadata field names.
- The option names in drop-down lists are no longer truncated.
- Added the option for automatic checking for plug-in updates.
Jan 26, 2010
|The plug-in is now compatible with Lightroom 3 Beta.|
Sep 9, 2009
The initial release.
- The user can choose to generate the list in HTML (tabular or itemized format), Plain Text, or CSV formats.
- Generated file can be opened in the default application for the selected format, or in Mozilla Thunderbird as an attachment.
- Provides options for opening the generated file in the default application for the selected format, or in Mozilla Thunderbird as an attachment.
- Metadata fields included in the output can be controlled via the template.