The Export to Walmart plug-in allows you to export and publish photos from Adobe Lightroom directly to the Walmart Digital Photo Service (Walmart US).
- Export operations in Lightroom 2, 3, and 4
- Publish operations in Lightroom 3 and 4
- Album thumbnails, album sorting and filtering in the Export dialog
- Editable album descriptions
- Flexible rules for handling duplicate uploads
- Lightroom 2 (2.4 - 2.7): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 3 (3.3 - 3.6): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- Lightroom 4 (4.0 - 4.4): Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
Licensing and Registration
This plug-in is released as Shareware (no source code provided). The registration fee is $15 (USD). The license allows you to install the plugin on two computers, for example a desktop and a laptop computer, owned and operated by a single user.
Starting with Lightroom 5, you would need to purchase a new registration code for each major Lightroom version. This does not impact dot (minor) releases, e.g. Lr 4.1 to Lr 4.2.
You may use the unregistered (free) version at no charge, however some features (see below) are limited or disabled in the free version.
Free (unregistered) Version Restrictions
Some features are limited or disabled in the free version of the plug-in:
- The export capability is limited to 10 photos at a time.
- The number of photos in a single album is limited to 10
- Walmart Export Options and Walmart Publish Options sections are unavailable (grayed out)
Support the Development
There are many ways you can support further development of this plug-in:
Your participation is always appreciated!
May 11, 2013
- Fixed the "Access to an undefined variable: exportSettings" error when clicking Log Out.
- Improved error handling when attempting to log in with an incorrect username or password.
Feb 10, 2013
- Publish Service: Now you can import existing online albums into Lightroom's publish service.
- Publish Service: Now you can associate online photos with photos in Lightroom catalog.
- Publish Service: Now you can customize album covers.
- Publish Service: Fixed the issue with renaming albums.
- Improved performance (thanks to the new API implemented by Walmart).
- Walmart Metadta: Added the "Photo URL" field for the direct link to the online photo.
- Publish Service: Now publishing the default "Album" album works correctly.
- The "Upload Failed" dialog now has the option to ignore upload errors for all remaining photos in the export session.
Nov 19, 2012
- Improved the display of photo rendering and uploading phases on Lightroom's progress indicator.
- Implemented validation of album names.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
NOTE: Please note, the extension name of the plugin's folder has been changed from .lrdevplugin to .lrplugin. If you are updating an older version of the plug-in you have two options:
- Remove the WalmartExport.lrdevplugin folder, then install the update using the new installation packages.
- Apply the auto-update. When you restart Lightroom you will be reminded to remove the .lrdevplugin folder and add the new .lrplugin folder (created by the auto-updater next to the old folder) using Lightroom Plugin Manager.
Apr 6, 2012
- Fixed the "attempt to index local 'albumProperties' (a nil value)" error when publishing into the default album, which Lightroom creates automatically when creating new publish services.
- Now the plug-in is fully compatible with Lightroom 4.
- Other minor changes and improvements.
Oct 16, 2011
- Fixed the issue with logging in caused by a recent change on Walmart's back-end.
- Added the option to turn off the automatic validation of Image Sizing settings.
- Improved handling of issues related to Internet connectivity.
- Other minor changes and improvements.
Aug 19, 2011
- Fixed the issue with logging in.
- Fixed the "Possible stack overflow" error when typing in by hand.
- Fixed some backward compatibility issues with Lightroom 2.
- Checking for updates no longer throws exceptions when my server is offline.
- Photos that failed to upload are now displayed in a list box with the ability to save the list to a text file.
- The plug-in now can automatically update itself.
- The debug log is now submitted in a compressed form to improve performance.
Mar 30, 2011
- Fixed the issue with album titles not being applied
- Fixed the authentication issue for first-time users
- An attempt to navigate to an unpublished collection now displays a meaningful message instead of the default Lightroom error.
Jan 14, 2011
|First public release of the plug-in.|